There Is Never an Excuse to ignore High Blood PressureThere Is Never an Excuse to ignore High Blood Pressure


About Me

There Is Never an Excuse to ignore High Blood Pressure

I used to thinkt that people in good health just had "healthy genes" and that daily habits didn't affect health very much. Due to that belief, when my doctor diagnosed me with high blood pressure and prescribed a medication to treat it, I didn't take it at first. I soon got a health "wake up call" when I began experiencing chest pains. My wife took me to the ER and, thankfully, they determined I wasn't having a heart attack, like I thought I was. The next day, I began taking my medication and living a healthier lifestyle. Soon, I was able to stop the medication due to my lifestyle changes, but I still monitor my blood pressure at home just to "stay on the safe side." I wanted to share my story to help others and plan to post many more health tips on my new blog.

Categories

Archive

Latest Posts

Important Answers For Those With Stinging Insect Allergies
7 November 2018

It is an unfortunate fact that many individuals wi

Online Doctor Appointment? What To Expect From Your First Experience
29 September 2018

The need to make medical care more accessible and

Is Your Teenage Daughter Drinking While Pregnant? She Needs Rehab Help
29 August 2018

Teenage pregnancy has become a common occurrence,

Buying CBD Oil Online: What You Need To Know
27 June 2018

CBD oil is being explored for numerous medical app

Take It Easy: How To Alleviate Back Pain Now That Outdoor Activities Are On The Agenda
14 May 2018

Now that the weather is getting nicer, you can sta

Important Answers For Those With Stinging Insect Allergies

It is an unfortunate fact that many individuals will suffer from some type of allergies. For those that experience an allergic reaction when they suffer an insect sting, there are some important things that should be known so that they can be prepared for the next time that they suffer a reaction from an insect sting.

Do Stinging Allergies Always Result In Anaphylactic Shock?

When individuals suffer from severe allergic reactions, they may go into anaphylactic shock, which can be a life-threatening condition where the patient's throat closes due to swelling. However, this is not the only type of reaction that an individual can experience. For example, it is extremely common for individuals to experience skin reactions, such as painful swelling, blisters, and rashes. While some swelling and blistering may be normal after an insect sting, those with allergies will experience symptoms that are far worse.

What Should Be Done If You Think You May Have A Stinging Insect Allergy?

If you suspect that you suffer from an insect sting allergy, it is important to get yourself tested. An allergy test will be able to confirm the presence of this type of allergic reaction. Individuals that are prone to minor or mild allergic reactions might not consider undergoing this type of test important. However, it can be possible for allergies to worsen. Furthermore, individuals may be highly allergic to certain types of stings without realizing it. Luckily, allergy tests are not very lengthy procedures, and they will only have mild side effects for patients. These factors can greatly reduce the inconvenience and disruptions that you might experience from undergoing comprehensive allergy testing. In the event that it is confirmed that you suffer from this allergy, your doctor will likely prescribe medications to help you combat these reactions.

How Can You Protect Yourself From These Allergies?

In the event that you experience an insect sting, it is important to be aware of the steps that should be taken to minimize the allergy symptoms. For those that are at risk of suffering anaphylactic shock, it is necessary for an epinephrine injection to be administered as soon as possible as this can counteract the swelling that may occur. Individuals that suffer skin reactions should thoroughly clean the site of the sting. A cortisone cream or balm may also need to be applied to the site of the sting to reduce the swelling and blistering that might occur. In most instances, the blistering and rash should start to heal within a day or two, but if it does not, you may want to have it evaluated by an allergy doctor.